It's the 1st day in the 1st grade!

I can't believe that summer is over and school is here once again! And, I can't believe Dakota is in the 1st grade! How time flies when you're having fun!

Tuesday, August 14th...Look out Miss S. Qualls and the Temple Baptist Academy, here she comes! Dakota woke up bright and early this morning and was ready to go! She got all fancied up and had her breakfast in record time. We were out the door and at school 10 minutes early! Can you believe it? I promise you, that will never happen again!

Dakota pranced in to class with backpack, lunch box and water bottle in hand. All her supplies were already there; she had deposited all of them at the PTO on Friday night. She was in her desk and ready for mom and the boys to leave! We departed, actually very gracefully with no tears (except for the boys, who wanted to stay with Sissy or wanted her to come with us).

Miss S. Qualls, we're praying for you! Thank you for influencing Dakota's life. She is already "in love" with you!

I hope your first day at school is a great one, Dakota! We have been missing you and praying for you all day! Can't wait to see you at pick-up time!

7 comments:

The Pepin Family said...

Why didn't you tell me you have a blog...how fun! The kids love seeing pics of their friends. Enjoyed your post!

ap

The Pepin Family said...

Oh, and I linked your blog on mine...hope that's okay! ;o)


ap

sarah lauren said...

awww...that is precious!! It was such a great day in the first grade. I am praying for you all too!!

Love,
Miss Qualls

John and Pamela Cabrera said...

Hi Stacy! First Grade - can you believe it? Michael just finished his first week of school. They got out at noon every day, and now they have a 3 day weekend! Michael misses all his friends from Temple. (I do, too! - Not his friends, mine. :)) I loved all the pictures. I'm glad you have a blog!

Pam

Ski's Lady said...

Are you too busy to blog now? *smile* Praying for you!

wilkersonhome said...

Hi, Stacy,
I came across your blog and have enjoyed your pictures and posting. Your children are beautiful. I know you're busy; if you want to visit our blog, just email me --wilkersonhome@yahoo.com and i'll send you an invite.

Thanks for being a sweet teacher for my little ones in the nursery when we were there!

The Bryants said...

I was just stopping by looking for an update. :) Thinking of you and your cuties! Post soon!